Welcome to A Family House of Prayer Site!

It is only just begun, and yet we are already changing the future. We are one little house … one little house that has become "a house of prayer for all nations." Please, join us in making a difference far beyond the reach of your hands …. Just say “yes” to the Lord and watch Him faithfully complete the work in your own home. “Yes, Lord. Make our house a house of prayer for all nations.” Go to the side bar and look for the first post in March "In the beginning" for starters.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bigger Than We Know

Sunday evening at C-HOP we were blessed to have two leaders from IHOP-KC with us, and the Lord blessed me with a special word. Graeme Walsh pointed me out from the crowd. "You, there in the pink. Are you a teacher?" Now, I hardly ever stand out from the crowd, but I did have a bright pink shirt on. Rarely does someone select me from a crowd for a word. Very rarely.

When I replied that I homeschool my children, he continued, satisfied that I was a teacher. He asked me if recently, within the past 10 days, I had responded to the Lord on something new and specific ... if I had even written down something, like a letter to Jesus. "Well, as a matter of fact, yes!" It was day 8 after I had specifically responded to the Lord's call at the Call 2 All about starting new houses of prayer. Ever since then, the Lord has been waking me nightly for a special time of prayer alone and we have pressed in more mightily in prayer as a family during homeschool. (I didn't say any of this. I was essentially struck dumb. He moved on quickly.)

However, I know that this specific encouragement is significant. I am continually getting a greater sense that this is so much bigger than me. I feel excitement without anxiety. It is ALL HIM. I am just one small willing servant. YES, I do think that greater things are yet to come ... bigger than me ... and I don't doubt that at times they may be challenge. But I am resting in knowing that they are totally HIS plan, not mine. He will take the initiatives. I just say yes.

Last night I had a breakthrough of sorts: I actually wept when crying for President Obama. And with the tears came a sense of compassion and a longing for his soul to be saved, just because he is dearly loved by God and is lost. (Believe me I have had a longing for his soul to be saved, but it was for the sake of the nation, not him personally.) I hope that this will allow me to pray more directly and meaningfully.

Be blessed. Ask the Lord for his heart. Ask for the night watch in your own home. "Here it's you and me alone, God." -- Misty Edwards song.

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment