Welcome to A Family House of Prayer Site!

It is only just begun, and yet we are already changing the future. We are one little house … one little house that has become "a house of prayer for all nations." Please, join us in making a difference far beyond the reach of your hands …. Just say “yes” to the Lord and watch Him faithfully complete the work in your own home. “Yes, Lord. Make our house a house of prayer for all nations.” Go to the side bar and look for the first post in March "In the beginning" for starters.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

On my daughter's 20th Birthday!

To my precious daughter, Kayla,

Although I wouldn't like to travel back 20 years and relive the experience, your birth was certainly one of the most amazing gifts that God ever gave me! I can still remember being in that hospital room several hours after you were born, holding you. You were so tiny, 6.0 lbs all swaddled tightly, looking so fragile. I felt weak and fragile, too. I was supposed to sleep, since I'd been up all night. But I was too scared to close my eyes. Through tears I prayed that I would have the strength and wisdom that I needed -- just to keep you alive and healthy! But the Lord didn't answer with what I thought I needed. Instead he said, "Will you give her back to me?" I cried harder, tears falling on your cheeks. I didn't want to let you go! I felt fiercely possessive. Then the Lord reassured me, "I can take so much better care of her than you. Do you trust me? Please, give her to me." I knew He was right, though, because He was the one who had created this beautiful baby and knew exactly how to raise her. So through the deepest tears I can remember, I said, "Yes. She is yours." I laid you in the bassinet, and I held my hands open to release you. In that moment my heart was breaking, because I didn't know what that answer would mean ... even whether you would live another day or not. But as I watched you sleeping, my tears subsided and peace rushed in -- giving me a sweet assurance that He had accepted my "yes" and graciously given you back to me - for me to raise for Him. I felt a little like Moses' mother must have felt when she actually got to be her own son's nurse and caretaker. Long story short, it's been a great privilege to be "Kayla's mom". I've had to let go many more times since ... and I expect the hardest times of letting go are still to come. 

Happy Birthday, my precious daughter,and blessings for the best year yet!

PS - No, I don't feel old enough to have a 20 year old daughter - but if we had started having kids right after we got married, I could actually have a 27 year old!  And grandkids!  Now, THAT is scary!

No comments:

Post a Comment