Welcome to A Family House of Prayer Site!

It is only just begun, and yet we are already changing the future. We are one little house … one little house that has become "a house of prayer for all nations." Please, join us in making a difference far beyond the reach of your hands …. Just say “yes” to the Lord and watch Him faithfully complete the work in your own home. “Yes, Lord. Make our house a house of prayer for all nations.” Go to the side bar and look for the first post in March "In the beginning" for starters.

Friday, December 2, 2016

In the Beginning was the Word ...

Bringing it to the top again (because it moves me to tears every year - originally published in 2013)

A Christmas Meditation - Into the Eyes of the Christ Child

As soft Christmas carol instrumentals played in the background, I asked the Lord, "Will you take me back into the time of Jesus' birth?  Can I be there with Mary and Joseph?"  As I prayed and set my eyes on Jesus, He transported me in the spirit, until I was standing in the stable with Mary and Joseph.  They were aware of my presence, but in an accepting way, not startled at all.  Amazed, I slowly moved closer to Mary, so that I could see Jesus more clearly.  Mary smiled at me and held the carefully wrapped infant out to me as if to say, “Would you like to hold him?”  

My heart melted within me.  "Me?  Hold him?” I stammered  

But Mary smiled with an expression that said, “Why not?” 

"Why, yes.  Of course!"

I was cradling the baby Jesus in my arms, close to my chest, just like I would hold any other baby.. except that my insides felt like they were melting into one giant pool of emotion.  

When the baby Jesus opened his eyes, I was mesmerized.  Deep, beautiful, and calm, his eyes were a color I'd never seen before.  Transfixed, I stared into those deeply wondrous eyes, my gaze filled with the longing to know Him more.




As I continued to gaze, I was drawn into those eyes, as if my entire being were being drawn through them and beyond them - far beyond them.  Suddenly I could see so far beyond - far back in time. Time before time.  Here Jesus was not an infant at all.  Instead I saw Him as "the craftsman at the Father’s side" during creation (Prov 8:30).  I was there, watching as He brought stars into existence.  In a time-lapsed fashion with startling clarity and color, similar to the images from the Hubbell space telescope, I watched the birth of stars and galaxies.  I knew I was light years away and yet at the same time it seemed like I had a front row seat, watching brilliant, multi-faceted lights swirling and flashing.  

Overcome, I took a deep breath, and again my eyes were captivated by this tiny baby, whose eyes held galaxies.  How could it be that these beautiful baby eyes were in essence the same eyes that gazed upon the very beginnings of creation of an entire Universe! This baby at one time spoke and galaxies were birthed at His very word!


I handed baby Jesus back to Mary, and immediately I was back in my own home, sitting on my brown couch with my two daugh ters by my side.  They were completely unaware that I’d been gone at all, though they wondered at the tears I wiped away.

Like Mary, I ponder these things in my heart.

For more meditation:

Proverbs 8: 22 -31 (New Living Translation)
 "The LORD brought me forth as the first of his works, before his deeds of old; 23 I was appointed from eternity, from the beginning, before the world began. 24 When there were no oceans, I was given birth, when there were no springs abounding with water; 25 before the mountains were settled in place, before the hills, I was given birth, 26 before he made the earth or its fields or any of the dust of the world. 27 I was there when he set the heavens in place,when he marked out the horizon on the face of the deep, 28 when he established the clouds above and fixed securely the fountains of the deep, 29 when he gave the sea its boundary so the waters would not overstep his command, and when he marked out the foundations of the earth.30 Then I was the craftsman at his side. I was filled with delight day after day, rejoicing always in his presence, 31 rejoicing in his whole world and delighting in mankind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment