Welcome to A Family House of Prayer Site!

It is only just begun, and yet we are already changing the future. We are one little house … one little house that has become "a house of prayer for all nations." Please, join us in making a difference far beyond the reach of your hands …. Just say “yes” to the Lord and watch Him faithfully complete the work in your own home. “Yes, Lord. Make our house a house of prayer for all nations.” Go to the side bar and look for the first post in March "In the beginning" for starters.

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Dancing with my Lord


This morning at a women’s retreat called Transforming Love, the Lord treated me to a new perspective on dancing with him.  I was eight years old, standing barefoot on the beach, and Jesus approached, ready to dance.   Being only eight, I didn't know anything about how to dance, but the wonder of being only eight, is that it is so easy to just do it.   My adult mind, however, was a little hesitant to simply enjoy the experience.

Here are the Lord’s words to me during that time:    

“Learn the dance from me by dancing with Me.  It’s a joy to dance with you, child.  Don’t worry about getting the steps right.  Just put your feet on my feet and learn of me.  I am gentle; I am humble enough to meet you right where you are.  You don’t need to feel stressed or inadequate.  This is  fun!  In this dance, together we embody fullness of joy, right here, without thought of other dancers who seem to be further ahead.  Your little feet on mine are so pleasing to me.  Your feet are not too heavy for me; you are in no way a burden.  I am not longing for you to grow up and get over this stage.  Just enjoy me right where you are.”

Remember, with each new dance, don’t try to get it right before you move in that dance with me.  Just put your feet on top of mine, look me straight in the eye, and feel the strength – my gentle, firm embrace – holding you, guiding you.

1 comment:

  1. Excited the Lord met you! I loved hearing your experience. Glad you could come to the retreat. There will be more to come...

    ReplyDelete